Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

NaNo Day #10: Loading...

Player: Eli G.
Game: NaNoWriMo
Level: Behind Goal
Power Levels: Just Back from Starbucks
Novel Progress: Loading... Loading...

Writing a novel is a bit like playing a game. You've got the different levels (Published, Aspiring), the Power (Caffeinated, Decaf, No Coffee or Candy), and you've got the Novel Progress. Right now on my recorded goal, I am 63% done. However, on my mental goal, I am only 31% done. That means that if I am going to get to where I want to be to accomplish my mental goal (or win the game) I need to write seriously. So naturally, I work on something that won't help my word count goal.   

But, is getting your word count goal, really winning the game? I read a vary persuasive article today, talking about how NaNoWriMo is bad for writing, which I completely disagree with. National Novel Writing Month let's thousands of writers write in a community and set goals. however the essay did have a point.

You cannot publish your novel on December 1st.

Editing is so important. You don't have a novel if you don't edit. You have an incoherent story that just screams Throw me in the fire! So, consider your novel on December 1st not in the Complete change, but still Loading.

No comments:

Post a Comment